$1,495 · Vega Old Tyme Wonder open back Banjo with Deering Vega case
New 1695 plus tax at Long Mcquade This is a 2002 model No issues.excel condition.
For Clawhammer or Frailing banjoists who prefer a scooped neck to ease plucking their banjos over the fingerboard, Deering makes the Vega Old Tyme Wonder. They build in a traditional "scoop? that allows more room for the fingers and thumb of the right hand to pluck the strings over the fingerboard. They steam and bend a violin grade maple rim and install a fiberskyn head over the rim, attaching a classic "no knot tailpiece? for a traditional old time sound. This is a light weight banjo that is made especially for musicians who want the warmer tones that go well in a string band with a fiddle and bass.
It is the mellowest banjo sound, a lovely full tone. The Old Tyme Wonder is reliable and exceptional in tone, playability, versatility and responsiveness, with a round woody tone perfect for old time string bands.
- Deep Warm Brown Stained Maple Neck
- Scooped Ebony Fingerboard
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- 17 Nickel Silver Pressed in Frets
- Traditional Vega Neck Shape
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Shoe & Screw Bracket Assembly
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- 11? Fiberskyn Medium Collar Head
- 24 Flat Hooks and 9/32? Hex Nuts
- Vega Armrest
- No Knot Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Satin Finish
Includes a Deering/Vega Hardshell Openback Case
- The mellowest and most gentle banjo sound, a lovely full tone. The Old Tyme Wonder is reliable and exceptional in tone, playability, versatility and responsiveness, with a woody thunkiness that is perfect for old time string bands.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4?
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4?
- Diameter 12?
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2"
- Weight Approx. 5 lbs
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||July 16, 2014|
|Renewed||October 07, 2016|
|Expiry||November 06, 2016|